EFFECTIVE AS OF May 1, 2017
- A Note about Children. Alliance does not intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 years old. At any time, any person (including the parent or guardian of such child whose information was provided to Alliance) aware of Alliance having been provided personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 18 may contact us at [email protected].
- Types of Data Alliance Receives. Alliance collects Personal Information and Anonymous Data from you when you visit Alliance site and when you send us information or communications.
a) “Personal Information” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data such as your gender and nationality. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. Alliance collects Personal Information and Anonymous Data, as described below.
b) Alliance collects Personal Information from you, such as first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, telephone number, as well as gender and nationality when you sign up for certain newsletters, updates or request certain information from us. This is information that you choose to provide to us. You are not required to provide such Personal Information to us, but if you do not, Alliance may not send you certain information.
c) Alliance may also receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from other sources like telephone or fax, or from companies that provide Alliance products or services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled Web Site or companies that offer their products and/or services on Alliance Web Site (“Third Party Companies”). Alliance may add this information to the information Alliance has already collected from you via Alliance Web Site in order to improve the products and services Alliance provides or may provide.
- Information Collected via Technology. To make Alliance’s Web Site more useful to you, Alliance servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
a) Some of this information may be Personal Information and some may be Anonymous Data. Alliance also uses customized software, which may include software that passively collects certain data about your visits to the Web Site, such as your IP address, the browser version your computer is operating and the time of day you access the Web Site.
c) Alliance may allow selected third parties to place Cookies through the Web Site to provide us with better insights into the use of the Web Site or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when he or she uses Alliance Web Site. Alliance may also permit third party service providers to place Cookies through Alliance Web Site to perform analytic or marketing functions where you are notified of them and you have consented to the usage. Alliance does not control the use of such third party Cookies or the resulting information and Alliance is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
d) Alliance does not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser.
- Use of Your Data
a) General Use. In general, Personal Information and Anonymous Data for Alliance general commercial purposes such as to improve Alliance Web Site, grow Alliance business and to offer Alliance own, Alliance affiliates’ or third-party products or services that Alliance think you may find of interest. For example, Alliance may use your information to respond to requests that you make or to send you additional information about Alliance, such as medical information about a disease state or Alliance product, Alliance investor information, or information about Alliance corporate activities. Alliance reserves the right to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute Anonymous Data for any purpose.
b) Creation of Anonymous Data. Alliance may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. Alliance uses this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that Alliance may enhance the content of Alliance Web Site and services and improve site navigation.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Information
a) Your Authorization. Alliance may disclose Personal Information if you request or authorize the disclosure.
b) Transactions. Alliance may disclose Personal Information to others in order to help complete a transaction you have requested.
d) Corporate Transactions. Alliance may disclose Personal Information as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of Alliance assets are acquired by another party, Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets).
f) Disclosure to “Third Party Service Providers”. Alliance may share your Personal Information with Alliance agents, outside vendors or third party service providers to perform functions on Alliance’s behalf, including for example, to respond to your inquiries or to send you information about Alliance products. These third party service providers are not permitted to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by us.
g) Disclosure to “Third Party Companies”. Alliance may enter into agreements with Third Party Companies. A Third Party Company may want access to Personal Information that Alliance collects. As a result, Alliance may disclose your Personal Information to a Third Party Company; however, Alliance will not disclose your Personal Information to Third Party Companies for the Third Party Companies’ own direct marketing purposes, unless you have “opted-in” by following the instructions Alliance provides to allow such disclosure. If you have opted-in to receive e-mail communications from a Third Party Company and later wish to discontinue receipt of these e-mails, please contact the Third Party Company directly to update your preferences. The privacy policies of Alliance Third Party Companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Information that Alliance collects and disclose to such Third Party Companies. Because Alliance does not control the privacy practices of Third Party Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
h) Anonymous Data. Alliance may disclose Anonymous Data to Alliance affiliates and third parties for any purpose.
- Changes to Personal Information. You can access, update and/or delete your Personal Information by contacting us at the phone number, mailing address or email provided on this Web Site. However, even if you delete or change your Personal Information, it may still be stored on other databases, including those kept for archival purposes. Please also note that Alliance may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case Alliance will comply with your deletion request only after Alliance has fulfilled such requirements).
- Security of Your Personal Information. Alliance uses reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Even though Alliance has taken steps to protect your Personal Information from being intercepted, accessed, used, or disclosed by unauthorized persons, Alliance cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
- Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to request and obtain once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) that Alliance has disclosed to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that were shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which Alliance shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
1100 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451